E3 2012: Update

Wow. It's been a busy 2 days thus far at E3. I've  been so tired and drained from my all day of travel, walking miles around the showfloor, taking pictures, waiting in lines etc. I haven't been able to sit down and write details on here yet because of limited time and internet trouble in my hotel but i'm hoping to do that tonight after the show.

As a sneak peek of my experience so far, here are some of the things that I have seen and will be talking about later:

Monday
  • Sony Press Conference - I actually able to get into the Sony Press Conference and watch it live and in person thanks to the Playstation Blog. They invited 200 members of the community to make it in on a first come first serve basis. Although people were there since 4p.m Sunday afternoon camping out, I was still able to make it in at #193/200! It was an awesome experience overall but a mediocre conference from an E3 standpoint.
Tuesday (E3 Day 1)
  • When the ribbon was cut and the doors opened to E2 2012 I was right there front and center. I was one of the first 50 out of the 50000 people there to get into the show. It was quite overwhelming initially to just figure out everything that was there, what I wanted to see first, and try to come up with a plan of attack. The LA convention center is divided into 2 halls: South and West where the South hall consists of the main first party companies (i.e Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) and the West hall consists of all the third parties (i.e. Activision, Sega, EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft etc). I spent most of the Day 1 in the South hall hanging with Nintendo playing the brand new Wii U (Nintendo's next generation console and successor to the Wii) and a good amount of time with Sony playing some of their upcoming PS3 and PS Vita games. I walked around Microsoft's booth but didn't really see or play anything there yet. Will do that and go through the West hall today.

So I just wanted to drop a note to say that I'm still here trying to gather it out. I will hope to offer more specific impressions later tonight. Now on to day 2!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xbox Scorpio vs PS4 Pro: The Truth About What To Expect

SHOCKER: Paramount to drop Blu-Ray Support!!!